Do you have stained or damaged teeth? Do you want to rejuvenate your Hollywood smile back to its glamour days?
Your dentists in Wheaton, IL, Drs. David Carlson and Michael Schuiling, know patients want to have better-looking smiles, so they provide an economical solution: veneers.
More About Veneers
Veneers are an aesthetic fix for unsightly teeth. They are made of thin porcelain and are used to resurface an individual's teeth, especially if they're damaged. They fix a variety of issues, such as:
- Stained or discolored teeth, usually as a result of:
- Drinking coffee or tea
- Poor hygiene
- Chewing tobacco
- Tetracycline-containing medicine
- Crooked, misshapen, or overcrowded teeth
- Teeth that have been damaged in an accident
More About the Procedure
When you come into the Wheaton office for your new veneers, your doctor will:
- Examine your teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. If they decide that you are a good candidate, they'll first deal with any underlying issues, such as cavities.
- Your dentist will then take an impression of your teeth and send it to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made for you.
- They'll remove some enamel from the surface of your teeth and cement the veneers (your dentist removes this enamel) so that you don't feel like your teeth are protruding.
Caring for Veneers
In order to take proper care of your veneers, you need to:
- Brush twice a day while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle
- Change your toothbrush when it's frayed
- Use fluoride-containing toothpaste, mouthwash, and water
- Eat healthy food like carrots that scrape teeth clean
- Floss at least once before bed
For more information on veneers, contact your dentists, Drs. David Carlson and Michael Schuiling, in Wheaton, IL, by calling (630) 653-9002. They will be more than happy to help you with your dental needs!