How to Improve Your Smile with Veneers
Everyone wants a picture-perfect smile, but unfortunately, few people are born with one. The good news is, that you can have your smile cosmetically enhanced with dental veneers, and no one will ever know. Dr. David Carlson and Dr. Michael Schuiling are dentists in Wheaton, IL. They provide dental veneers.
What is a Dental Veneer?
A dental veneer is comprised of a thin but strong porcelain shell that is placed over the front of a tooth to cover up any imperfections and brighten your smile. They look perfectly natural and are as durable as your natural teeth. What’s more, because they are made from porcelain, they are resistant to stains.
How Dental Veneers Improve Your Smile
Wheaton dental patients can enjoy the following benefits from dental veneers:
- Covering imperfections: If you have gaps between your teeth or misshapen teeth, veneers can eliminate these issues. Because the shells are customized to fit your teeth, they can give you an even smile and match the natural color of your existing teeth giving you a flawless look.
- Brightening your smile: Although professional whitening is an option for discolored teeth, intrinsic stains (those on the inside of a tooth) often do not respond to whitening agents. However, veneers can cover up the discoloration and improve the look of your smile.
- Covering chips and cracks: Veneers are not only designed to improve the appearance of your teeth, but they can also strengthen them. If you have small chips or cracks in your teeth, veneers can provide an extra layer of protection, preventing further damage.
- Straightening your smile: If you have slightly uneven teeth and you prefer not to go through the discomfort of orthodontic braces, veneers can help. Because they can be used to reshape your teeth, they can make them appear naturally more aligned.
- Balancing your smile: If your gums are taking over your smile, veneers can be used to rebalance your smile, so you are showing less gum and more teeth.
Wheaton residents who would like to find out more about dental veneers can call Dr. David Carlson and Dr. Michael Schuiling on (630) 653-9002.